SCHUTZVEREIN DEUTSCHER RHEDER V.A.G.
2. Name and contact details of the entity responsible for data processing
Responsible entity in accordance with the DSGVO ("Datenschutz-Grundverordnung"/General Data Protection Regulation) and provider of services within the meaning of TMG ("Telemediengesetz"):
Schutzverein Deutscher Rheder V.a.G.
Am Kaiserkai 6
Telefon: +49 (0)40 300 666-0
Fax: +49 (0)40 37517210
Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht (BaFin)
Graurheindorfer Str. 108, 53117 Bonn
3. Gathering and storing of personal data and its use
The extent and type of gathering and use of data depends on whether:
(a) Use of the website for the purpose of obtaining information
(1) When the website www.shipdefence.de is viewed information is sent by the internet browser of the visitor of the internet presence of SDR (hereinafter: "Visitor") automatically to the server of the website. This information is being stored temporarily in a so called logfile. The following information is gathered without any action by the Visitor and stored until it is deleted automatically:
(2) SDR gathers and uses these data in order to ensure a smooth connection built up as well as a comfortable use of its website, in order to safeguard the IT-safety and stability, and in particular in order to protect its IT systems against abuse and to defend against attacks, as well as for further administrative purposes.
(3) The legal basis of the data processing is article 6 paragraph 1, first sentence, lit. f DSGVO. The legitimate interest of SDR results from the above listed purposes for the gathering of the data.
(4) The data can be accessed internally by the IT staff of SDR as well as by service providers who support SDR in providing the website.
(5) In no case the gathered data will be used for the purpose of drawing conclusions about the identity of the Visitor who visits the website solely for the purpose of obtaining information.
b) Contact by email or in another form
It is possible to establish contact with SDR by e-mail. In that case the personal data of the sender of the email which are transmitted together with the e-mail will be stored.
Internally the data will be made available to the person who is involved with the handling of the inquiry.
In case SDR is contacted in another form, i.e. by fax, mail or telephone the personal data provided by the person contacting SDR will also be collected and processed exclusively in order to handle the concrete inquiry and will be made available to the person who is involved with the handling of the inquiry.
The legal basis for the processing of data which are being transmitted by email or provided when contact is established in another form is article 6, paragraph 1, lit. a and f DSGVO.
c) Use of the Members' area
(1) In the course and on the basis of the registration the following data are being processed:
(2) In the course of using the Members’ area (“login”) the following data are being processed:
(3) When a rating is submitted through the ratings' portal of the Members are the following additional data are being processed:
d) Membership with SDR
(1) Within the framework of membership and when an application for membership is made the following data are processed:
(2) SDR collects and processes these data for the following purposes:
(3) The legal bases of the data processing within the framework of membership and when an application for membership is made are
(4) Personal data of Members and their representatives are transmitted to third parties within the membership relationship to lawyers and surveyors, courts and arbitration tribunals, accountants, data processing companies (e. g. IT service providers) and, after consultation with the Member, to other recipients.
4. Transmission of data
Personal data of Visitors, Users and Members respectively their representatives will be transmitted to third parties, save for the transmission to data processing companies / IT service providers which are assisting SDR in the provision of the website as well as with further IT-services, only if:
For the transmission of data of Members respectively their representatives in addition point 3 d) (4) applies.
In cookies information are stored which are related to the specifically used end device. This does, however, not mean that SDR thereby directly learns the identity of the Visitors, Users or Members respectively their representatives.
Cookies on the one hand serve to make the use of the services of SDR more convenient for the Visitors, Users and Members respectively their representatives. So, SDR uses so called session-cookies in order to recognise that the Visitors, Users or Members respectively their representatives have already visited certain pages of the website. These cookies will be deleted automatically after the page is closed.
In addition, temporary cookies may be used for the optimisation of user friendliness. These cookies are stored for a specifically determined time on the end device of the Visitors, Users or Members respectively their representatives. If the SDR website is visited again in order to use its services it will be automatically recognised that the Visitors, Users or Members respectively its representatives have already visited this page and which entries and settings have been made so that these do not have to be entered again.
Furthermore, cookies can be used in order to obtain statistical data about the use of the website and for the purpose of optimising the services for Visitors, Users and Members respectively their representatives.
The data processed by cookies are required for the above-mentioned purposes in order to protect the legitimate interests of SDR as well as of third parties according to article 6, paragraph 1, first sentence, lit. f DSGVO.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. Visitors, Users and Members respectively their representatives may however configure their browser in such a way that no cookies are being stored on their computer or that there will always be a notice in case a new cookie is being created. The entire deactivation of cookies may, however, have the consequences that not all functions of the website of SDR can be used.
6. Deletion of data and time of data retention.
Data which are only stored on the basis of consent given as per article 6, first paragraph, lit. a DSGVO are, in principle, deleted when the Visitors, Users or Members respectively their representatives withdraw the previously given consent, unless there is a legal duty to preserve records or the further storage of the data is allowed or required on a different legal basis. Other data are deleted once the storage is no longer required unless there is a legal duty to preserve records or a different legal basis allows or requires the further storage.
7. Rights of concerned persons
Visitors, Users and Members respectively their representatives are entitled to:
8. Right of objection
To the extent that personal data of Visitors, Users or Members respectively their representatives are processed on the basis of legitimate interest according to article 6, paragraph 1, page 1, lit. f DSGVO they are entitled to object against the processing of personal data in accordance with article 21 DSGVO if there are reasons therefor which are resulting from their particular situation or when the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case they are entitled to a general right of objection which will be implemented by SDR without the need to state a special situation.
In order to exercise the right of objection an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org is sufficient.
9. Data security
SDR uses suitable technical and organisational safety measures in order to protect data of Visitors, Users and Members respectively their representative against coincidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against the unauthorised access by third parties. The protective measures are constantly improved by SDR in accordance with the technologic developments.
You will find us in the Hafencity district of Hamburg, near Magellan-Terrassen and Sandtorhafen with its historical vessels.
Am Kaiserkai 6
Phone: +49 40 30 06 66 0
Fax: +49 40 37 51 72 10